Friday, July 18, 2014

I have commitment issues.

Hello again readers!

It's A. It has been such a long time, almost a year has passed since my last post. In my defense, 8th grade was a very time-consuming year. I was playing soccer, going to Maryland (church camp), writing on a story, keeping up a 4.0 like I did all through middle school (got a super dorky little plaque), getting fifth in Forensics state for my storytelling piece, got a narrator part in the school play, tried to sleep and attempted to keep my room straight so I wouldn't be late.
Alas, it is finally summer. Summer school sucks, especially if it's for credit. I was going to take Oral Communications and Gym during the summer so next year I could take Latin along with French and Orchestra, but I had conflictions so now I'm taking Acting first semester and a study hall the second.

All very confusing. I know.

For the past two days, I've been feverishly knitting the secret project that has been secret for a while now. I finished it, it's absolutely gorgeous.


My Chevron Scarf.

(Yarn: Knit Picks Bare Swish Worsted, colorway bare, two skeins, one hand-dyed with Kool-Aid. Go mom.)
(Needles: US 8mm, wood, Crystal Palace)

It's about 5 and a half feet long, and I used up every bit of the non-dyed yarn.

It was all very, very stressful. I actually had to go back and refinish it because I didn't have enough yarn to bind off with the extra repeat I added.

But it's okay now, because it's done, and I can go and work more on my blanket. Which is coming along quite nicely, by the way.
How Many Squares Finished Count: 15 out of 40 (but 4 are unusable due to the change in pattern, so really only 11 are done... I've got four random green squares if anyone wants them...)
How Many Green Squares Finished Count: 14 out of 10 (woohoo overachiever here)
How Many Pink Squares Finished Count: 1.5 out of 10 (I'm working on the second)


This has been the setting of my life for about three days now, constantly knitting and listening to audiobooks. Specifically, I've been listening to the Harry Potter series through the library's CD of The Sorcerer's Stone narrated by Jim Dale. He's a very talented reader, but one thing really bugs me. The way he says You-Know-Who's name is wrong to me, because he leaves out the "t" at the end. It's Voldemort not Voldemor... Just saying. But he has the most hysterical Hermionie Granger voice, and Hagrid voice that really bring the characters to life. Listening to these audiobooks instead of trying to read them has been super awesome for me, because I couldn't stand reading through the book because it was too boring for me. Dale gives it such a spark!

Alright, I'm off to go listen to the 10th Chapter of Harry, and hopefully knit another few squares.
Goodnight!
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment